STORE MANAGER in SPRINGDALE, ARDollar General Springdale, AR 2 months ago
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day.We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do!At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers.Apply today and let’s grow together!
Responsible for the management of all employees in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes, including ordering, receiving, stocking, presentation, selling, staffing and support.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, select and retain qualified employees according to federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is properly staffed.
- Provide proper training for employees; conduct performance evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or counseling, up to and including termination.
- Make recommendations regarding employee pay rate and advancement.
- Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety, security and policies.
- Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively opened and closed each day.Personally open the store a minimum of two times per week; personally close the store a minimum of two times per week.
- Evaluate operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Order to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis; follow up on Basic Stock Replenishment (BSR)/cycle counts.
- Facilitate the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise by following defined company work processes.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Ensure that store is adequately equipped with tools necessary to perform required tasks.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications; ensure employee compliance.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.+ Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.+ One year of management experience in a retail environment preferred.
Related job opportunities near Springdale, AR
Store ManagerGpm Investments LLC Cave Springs, AR
We are currently seeking a Store Manager for our growing team. Responsibilities. Supervise a store team consisting of 8 to 15 staff members. Recruit, hire and train customer service oriented store team members.
STORE MANAGER in SPRINGDALE, ARDollar General Springdale, AR
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day!2 months ago 2m
Assistant Store Manager TraineeWalgreens Springdale, AR
Job Description: Job Objectives. Under the direction of the store manager, oversees the operation of a Walgreen store. registers, StoreNet, etc. Ensures response to all systems problems by contacting information technology support...a month ago 1m
Assistant Store Manager TraineeDuane Reade Springdale, AR
261662BR. Title: Assistant Store Manager Trainee. Job Description: Job Objectives. Under the direction of the store manager, oversees the operation of a Walgreen store. registers, StoreNet, etc. Ensures response to all systems pro...a month ago 1m
Assistant Store ManagerBarnes & Noble Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Store Manager. Location. AR Fayetteville Fayetteville 2721. Classification. Full Time. Description. As an Assistant Store Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the store. You deliver sales goals year o...14 days ago 14d
Retail Store ManagerGNC Fayetteville, AR
We are looking for a dynamic Store Manager that embodies the quot;Live Well quot. spirit of GNC. If that describes you, then join the high energy, stores team at GNC. As the Store Manager you are accountable for the day to day ret...11 days ago 11d
General Manager TraineeKum & Go Springdale, AR
General Manager Trainee. Location:Store 400 4231 Elm Springs Rd, Springdale, AR 72764. Employment Duration:Full time. Description; Being a General Manager Trainee means you will be on a fast track program into Kum amp.2 months ago 2m
Assistant Manager(09612) - 922 Henri de Tonti BlvdDominos Springdale, AR
Assistant Manager; Duties amp. Responsibilities: Assistant managers are responsible for everything that happens during the shift. This includes cost control, inventory control, cash control and customer relations.2 months ago 2m
Operations Assistant ManagerDollar Tree Fayetteville, AR
183575BR. Title: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER. Division: STORE. Job Description: Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the front end...9 days ago 9d
Full-Time Manager-in-Training (Assistant Manager)Tradehome Shoes Fayetteville, AR
Tradehome Shoes is a 100 employee owned, service oriented retailer of quality footwear. With locations throughout the Heartland of the United States, we have become a fixture in the communities in which we serve.23 days ago 23d
* Senior Assistant ManagerKirkland's Rogers, AR
The Senior Assistant Manager supports and executes all aspects of our retail operations and merchandising for their own personal assigned store in partnership with the Store Manager. The Senior Assistant is responsible for driving...18 hours ago 18h
Part Time Assistant Managermaurices Rogers, AR
Brand Overview: As a hometown specialty retailer, maurices is deeply committed to bringing affordable, versatile, and flattering fashion in sizes 2 24 to real women, living real lives in small towns across North America.2 months ago 2m
General Manager in Training - RetailLove's Travel Stops & Country Stores Watts, OK
Req ID: 120481. General Manager in Training. Working at Love s as an General Manager in Training is a very different job. We work hard for our customers and our teams. As a manager at Love s, we empower you to be owner operators a...2 months ago 2m
Store Operations Manager #89 - Rogers, ARAcademy Sports + Outdoors Rogers, AR
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth. At Academy Sports Outdoors, our Purpose is the make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoo...a month ago 1m
Merchandise Ops Leader (Department Manager)Petco Fayetteville, AR
If you're both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We're looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives togethe...19 hours ago 19h
ASST STORE MGR IN TRAINING - Rogers, ARHome Depot Rogers, AR
JOIN US. The Home Depot is looking for the next great generation of retail management leaders. We strive on being experts on product authority while delivering excellent customer service. We believe that a diverse workforce and ha...2 months ago 2m
General ManagerAaron's Inc Springdale, AR
Aaron's has a long legacy as an industry leader, with continued growth regardless of the economy. In business since 1955, our stores are built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services;2 months ago 2m
General Manager- Springdale, AROffice Depot Springdale, AR
At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location; . The General Manager has ownership and is responsible for achieving results for Sales, Services, Operations Pro...2 months ago 2m
Part Time Assistant Property ManagerAbsolute Storage Management Springdale, AR
A National Management Company, specializing in Self Storage facilities, has an opening for a part time Property Assistant for our property in the Springdale, AR area (24 hours per week) We are looking for someone who is proactive...
Night Operations Department SupervisorLowe's Fayetteville, AR
Job Description: What You Will Do. All Lowe s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Night Operations Department Superviso...a month ago 1m