STORE MANAGER CANDIDATE in FAYETTEVILLE, ARDollar General Fayetteville, AR 2 months ago
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day.We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do!At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers.Apply today and let’s grow together!
This position exists primarily for the purpose of developing internal store manager bench from the assistant store manager population, although external candidates will also be in the program.It is a position to be used to give store manager candidates more experience prior to becoming a store manager, and is to be held for a specified period.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in recruiting and staffing activities.
- Assist with store merchandising by facilitating and/or participating in staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; ensuring that merchandise is presented according to established practices and store manager direction; and properly utilizing merchandise fixtures, signing and pricing of merchandise.
- Assist in all aspects of inventory management (including proper execution of damages, markdowns, register scanning, paperwork and facility controls); prepare and conduct inventories.
- Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Act as a role model by following company procedures and policies as outlined in the employee handbook, SOP manual and company communications.
- Participate in store opening and closing activities.
- Ensure the safe deposit of all company funds in the designated bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, well-stocked stores; provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Manage store in store manager’s absence.
- Review operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, labor, profitability, and inventory turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit controls.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions, including those necessary to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs, etc.)
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
Related job opportunities near Fayetteville, AR
STORE MANAGER in FAYETTEVILLE, ARDollar General Fayetteville, AR
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day!
Assistant Store Manager - Zales - Northwest Arkansas MallSignet Jewelers Fayetteville, AR
Shine with Signet.Zales is looking for dynamic, driven and creative individuals to join our team? Are you ready to use your business and sales skills to begin a financially rewarding career.If you are the type of person that enjoy...a month ago 1m
Store ManagerGpm Investments LLC Fayetteville, AR
We are currently seeking a Store Manager for our growing team. Responsibilities. Supervise a store team consisting of 8 to 15 staff members. Recruit, hire and train customer service oriented store team members.a month ago 1m
Sunglass Hut - Store ManagerLuxottica Fayetteville, AR
Requisition ID: 157501. Store : 002137 Sunglass Hut. Position: Full Time. Sunglass Hut is a global leader in the sale of premium sunglasses with over 2000 retail stores across North America. We offer competitive benefits, valuable...6 days ago 6d
Retail Store ManagerGNC Fayetteville, AR
We are looking for a dynamic Store Manager that embodies the quot;Live Well quot. spirit of GNC. If that describes you, then join the high energy, stores team at GNC. As the Store Manager you are accountable for the day to day ret...5 months ago 5m
Store ManagerWalgreens Springdale, AR
Job Description: Job Objectives. Manages the operation of a Walgreen store. Improves store sales, profitability and image through proper merchandising, protection of store assets, the selection, training and development of team me...18 days ago 18d
Store Manager IFedEx Office Springdale, AR
Job Number: 1958171BR. Employment Type: Regular Full Time. Job Category: Retail. Shift: Any. Region: 048 : Ohio Valley. Address Line 1: 4870 Elm Springs Rd. City: springdale. State: Arkansas. Zip Code: 72762.23 days ago 23d
Assistant Manager(09607) - 1810 North crossoverDominos Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Manager; Duties amp. Responsibilities: Assistant managers are responsible for everything that happens during the shift. This includes cost control, inventory control, cash control and customer relations.6 months ago 6m
Full-Time Manager-in-Training (Assistant Manager)Tradehome Shoes Fayetteville, AR
Tradehome Shoes is a 100 employee owned, service oriented retailer of quality footwear. With locations throughout the Heartland of the United States, we have become a fixture in the communities in which we serve.5 months ago 5m
Operations Assistant ManagerDollar Tree Springdale, AR
198634BR. Title: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER. Division: STORE. Job Description: Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the front end...14 days ago 14d
General Manager TraineeKum & Go Springdale, AR
General Manager Trainee. Location:Store 383 1010 N Thompson St, Springdale, AR 72764. Employment Duration:Full time. Description; Being a General Manager Trainee means you will be on a fast track program into Kum amp.4 months ago 4m
College Recruiting - Store Management Intern (Fayetteville, AR Area)Lowe's Fayetteville, AR
Job Description: Internship Program Overview. Lowe's 2020 Summer Store Management Internship Program offers an immersive leadership assignment to undergraduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world t...16 days ago 16d
Store Softlines Manager #180 - Fayetteville,ARAcademy Sports + Outdoors Fayetteville, AR
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth. At Academy Sports Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoor...18 days ago 18d
* Assistant Manager - Part TimeKirkland's Rogers, AR
The Assistant Manager is a nonexempt (hourly) part time position that supports and executes all aspects of operations and merchandising. This position is primarily responsible for driving business results through the effective coa...a month ago 1m
Assistant Manager - Full Timemaurices Rogers, AR
Brand Overview: As a hometown specialty retailer, maurices is deeply committed to bringing affordable, versatile, and flattering fashion in sizes 2 24 to real women, living real lives in small towns across North America.17 days ago 17d
Assistant Manager - Pinnacle HillsGap Inc. Rogers, AR
About Athleta. We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as...3 months ago 3m
Full Time Sales Manager (FTSM)Carters/OshKosh Fayetteville, AR
Job Descriptions: Love babies and kids, looking for a flexible, friendly place to grow your career. Consider the possibilities as a Full Time Sales Manager at Carter's. Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North Ameri...5 days ago 5d
ASST STORE MGR IN TRAINING - Rogers, ARHome Depot Rogers, AR
JOIN US. The Home Depot is looking for the next great generation of retail management leaders. We strive on being experts on product authority while delivering excellent customer service. We believe that a diverse workforce and ha...6 months ago 6m
Sephora Merchandise/Operations Supervisor - Nw Arkansas MallJCPenney Fayetteville, AR
Sephora Merchandise Operations Supervisor Nw Arkansas Mall. Location:Fayetteville, AR, United States Nw Arkansas Mall 4201 N Shiloh Dr. Job ID:1082113Sephora Inside JCPenney. Job Type:Full Time. Date Updated:Aug 23, 2019.3 months ago 3m
Assistant Managerlululemon athletica Fayetteville, AR
Title: Assistant Manager. Location: USA Arkansas Fayetteville. Other Locations: null. who we are. Yoga is our first love, and we also make technical product for running, training and pretty much every other way you like to sweat.15 days ago 15d