STORE MANAGER CANDIDATE in FAYETTEVILLE, ARDollar General Fayetteville, AR 3 months ago
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day.We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do!At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers.Apply today and let’s grow together!
This position exists primarily for the purpose of developing internal store manager bench from the assistant store manager population, although external candidates will also be in the program.It is a position to be used to give store manager candidates more experience prior to becoming a store manager, and is to be held for a specified period.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in recruiting and staffing activities.
- Assist with store merchandising by facilitating and/or participating in staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; ensuring that merchandise is presented according to established practices and store manager direction; and properly utilizing merchandise fixtures, signing and pricing of merchandise.
- Assist in all aspects of inventory management (including proper execution of damages, markdowns, register scanning, paperwork and facility controls); prepare and conduct inventories.
- Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Act as a role model by following company procedures and policies as outlined in the employee handbook, SOP manual and company communications.
- Participate in store opening and closing activities.
- Ensure the safe deposit of all company funds in the designated bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, well-stocked stores; provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Manage store in store manager’s absence.
- Review operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, labor, profitability, and inventory turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit controls.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions, including those necessary to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs, etc.)
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
Related job opportunities near Fayetteville, AR
Retail Store ManagerGNC Fayetteville, AR
We are looking for a dynamic Store Manager that embodies the quot;Live Well quot. spirit of GNC. If that describes you, then join the high energy, stores team at GNC. As the Store Manager you are accountable for the day to day ret...
Assistant Store Manager TraineeWalgreens Fayetteville, AR
Job Description: Job Objectives. Under the direction of the store manager, oversees the operation of a Walgreen store. registers, StoreNet, etc. Ensures response to all systems problems by contacting information technology support...22 days ago 22d
Assistant Store Manager TraineeDuane Reade Springdale, AR
286177BR. Title: Assistant Store Manager Trainee. Job Description: Job Objectives. Under the direction of the store manager, oversees the operation of a Walgreen store. registers, StoreNet, etc. Ensures response to all systems pro...22 days ago 22d
Assistant ManagerKum & Go Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Manager. Location:Store 413 729 W Martin Luther King Blvd, Fayetteville, AR 72701. Employment Duration:Full time. Description; As a Kum amp. Go Assistant Manager, you re learning every aspect of running a store!2 months ago 2m
Full-Time Manager-in-Training (Assistant Manager)Tradehome Shoes Fayetteville, AR
Tradehome Shoes is a 100 employee owned, service oriented retailer of quality footwear. With locations throughout the Heartland of the United States, we have become a fixture in the communities in which we serve.2 months ago 2m
Assistant Manager(05300) - 1065 N GarlandDominos Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Manager; Duties amp. Responsibilities: Assistant managers are responsible for everything that happens during the shift. This includes cost control, inventory control, cash control and customer relations.2 months ago 2m
Operations Assistant ManagerDollar Tree Springdale, AR
186543BR. Title: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER. Division: STORE. Job Description: Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the front end...4 days ago 4d
* Senior Assistant ManagerKirkland's Rogers, AR
The Senior Assistant Manager supports and executes all aspects of our retail operations and merchandising for their own personal assigned store in partnership with the Store Manager. The Senior Assistant is responsible for driving...a month ago 1m
Assistant Manager - Pinnacle HillsGap Inc. Rogers, AR
About Athleta. We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as...6 days ago 6d
Part Time Assistant Managermaurices Rogers, AR
Brand Overview: As a hometown specialty retailer, maurices is deeply committed to bringing affordable, versatile, and flattering fashion in sizes 2 24 to real women, living real lives in small towns across North America.3 months ago 3m
Merchandise Ops Leader (Department Manager)Petco Fayetteville, AR
If you're both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We're looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives togethe...24 days ago 24d
Store Softlines Manager # 89 - Rogers, ARAcademy Sports + Outdoors Rogers, AR
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth. Job Description: Education: Bachelor s degree in related field preferred. Work Experiences: At least three...2 days ago 2d
ASST STORE MGR IN TRAINING - Rogers, ARHome Depot Rogers, AR
JOIN US. The Home Depot is looking for the next great generation of retail management leaders. We strive on being experts on product authority while delivering excellent customer service. We believe that a diverse workforce and ha...3 months ago 3m
Assistant Restaurant Manager - 2511 N. COLLEGEBraums Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Restaurant Manager Food Service Supervisor Management! If you are a positive, energetic person looking for a career that offers an excellent compensation package and the chance for advancement, Braum's is the place for y...
Assistant Manager - OperationsVeterans Canteen Service Fayetteville, AR
Assistant Manager Operations! Come build a rewarding hospitality career that allows you to give back to the Veteran Community.With over 70 years of serving our nation s veterans, Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is currently seeking...16 days ago 16d
Area/Department Supervisor AR-FAYETTEVILLE/FT.SMIT MarketKohl's Fayetteville, AR
(Future Opportunities) Increases customer loyalty, enhances the in store experience, and creates a positive shopping environment for Kohl s Customers. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES. Executes workload and distributes tasks to support the cu...2 months ago 2m
Retail Shift LeaderPilot Flying J Springdale, AR
Retail Shift Leader. Click Here to. Apply Online. Job Description. Store Number:145! Drive your Future. Pilot Flying J is committed to making life better for Professional drivers. Pilot Flying J has over 650 retail locations and i...4 days ago 4d
HR/Risk Management Administrative AssistantAcadia Healthcare Fayetteville, AR
Set up, maintain and retrieve general files for facility or department. Manage and coordinate administrative programs and office activities. Use computer software to create spreadsheets, manage databases and prepare presentations,...